Built in the 1850’s by Bartholomew Figures, this home is a typical one-story East Texas Greek Revival Cottage. Figures’ son Richard was a Confederate veteran, a member of the famous “Walker’s Greyhounds” who fought in the trans-Mississippi. Other owners who were significant in the growth of Jefferson were John B. Ligon who built the Presbyterian Church and Colonial William B. Ward, Confederate veteran and bank president.
The home was designated as Recorded Historic Texas Landmark in 1973. The current owner is Jefferson native, Mrs. Tommie Wurstbaugh Glick. The Jefferson House is located at 407 E. Jefferson Street, Jefferson, Texas.