Built in about 1850 by Williamson M. Freeman, this Greek Revival plantation house is a Louisiana raised-cottage style with a one-story cypress clapboarded frame structure above the brick lower floor. Dr. Robert Rowell, Confederate veteran purchased the plantation during the Civil War. The home has had several owners through the years, current owners are Duke and Laurel DeWare. This outstanding example of antebellum architecture is a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark, is on the National Register of Historic Places and is recorded in the Historic American Building Survey in the Library of Congress. The Freeman Plantation is located at 22681 State Hwy 49 West, Jefferson TX.